Thursday, September 18, 2014

Who's Afraid...?

When my son was born and started to actually sit to watch TV for more than five minutes, one of his favorite "movies" was the Disney classic, Three Little Pigs. My daughter also loves that movie, almost as much as he did. When I started sewing dolls again, I decided to make the three little pigs and the big bad wolf as Christmas gifts for the kids.





I adapted the dolls from a pattern by the talented Shelly, from Gingermelon. Her patterns can be found here.  Gingermelon also has an awesome blog--check it out to see all her projects, past and present.


The little piggies turned out just darling! My daughter's eyes nearly popped out of her head on Christmas morning when she saw them under the tree. At some point, I will need to make the coordinating houses, but for now, she is fine with using her imagination.



Three Little Piggies


In my daughter's world, the big bad wolf turns out to be the piggies friend, of course.


















Let me know what you think. What's your favorite story classic? I may be able to bring it to "life" for you!

Stay Cute,

Nona ~xo

No comments:

Post a Comment